I’ve noticed, its very rare that I actually eat cashews in their raw form…I’m always blending them to make yummy healthier-for-you sauces, dips, spreads, and now, FROSTING!!! I am not dairy-free, but I can’t get enough of cashew based recipes!! Completely delicious.
I made @detoinista ’s cashew frosting and, I’m telling you…it won’t be the last time. If you are vegan or vegetarian, just omit the collagen. It won’t affect the taste or consistency.
This paired perfectly with Flourless Butternut Squash Brownies, just saying!
Creamy Cashew Frosting
Dairy free, vegan, and delicious!
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked 2-3 hours and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-4 tablespoons water, as needed for blending
- Step 1 Combine the first six ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy, adding water as necessary to facilitate blending. Via: @detoinista