This Beet Tahini Skillet Bread became a thing when I needed to use 2 leftover beets. I was expecting more of a cake, but my husband, Brent, AKA my recipe-tester, had a bite and said, “That’s totally a bread,” so there ya have it!
It’s a sweet yet nutty bread!! This is great on it own, with some yogurt, sliced avocado, or more tahini! This is considered grain-free, gluten-free, AND can be paleo if you omit the maple syrup.
Beet Tahini Skillet Bread
- Wet Ingredients:
- 2 medium cooked beets
- 2 Tbl. H20
- 1/4 C Tahini
- 1 farm fresh egg
- 2 Tablespons of Maple Syrup or coconut sugar
- Cooking spray
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Almond flour
- 1/4 Cup coconut flour
- tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp., pink salt
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- Step 1 In a high-speed blender, blend the cooked beets until puréed, using water to thin as necessary until smooth. *Should make about a cup.
- Step 2 Add puree to a bowl with remaining wet ingredients, whisk.
- Step 3 Mix all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, slowly add dry ingredient to wet and whisk all together.
- Step 4 Spray small baking dish or skillet with cooking spray and add the dough. Bake on 350, for 35-40 minutes, then broil for 1 minute. *If you use a larger pan, cook time will be less. Enjoy!