Wild Sockeye Salmon Benedict
May 13, 2018
: 30 min
: 20 min
: 50 min
- 1 pound ground Sockeye Salmon
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes (or cooked quinoa)
- 2 Tbl. diced red onion
- 1 Tbl. garbanzo flour
- 1 Tbl. diced jalapeno
- 1 Tbl. rough chopped organic cilantro
- 1 Tsp. Coconut Aminos
- 1-2 Tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Tsp. garlic powder
- 1 farm fresh egg
- Pink Salt & Pepper to taste
- Step 1 Pat salmon dry with paper towels and add to a bowl.
- Step 2 Mash ground salmon with a fork and mix all remaining wet ingredients in the bowl, combine. Form 4 patties.
- Step 3 Heat 2 Tbl. of coconut oil, or high heat oil of choice, in a cast iron skillet
- Step 4 Cook the patties 3 minutes on each side, set aside to rest for 3 minutes.
- Step 5 Serve with Strawberry Avocado Salsa, and greens. *NOTE* I chose not to add Hollandaise Sauce, as the yolk from the poached egg give plenty of sauce-like flavor and goodness