Switch-up your regular beef and chicken taco game to LAMB TACOS!!! They bring a fun twist and they taste oh so delish! Never tried ground lamb?? I hadn’t either until I made these. One thing to note, Lamb is much fattier, therefore, once cooked, I rinsed and drained the lamb meat before adding the flavors. That’s just my preference, it’s completely optional to do so.
Play around with your toppings! I opted for a Tex-mex Mediterranean fusion by adding cilantro, red pepper flakes, yogurt for sour cream sub, radish, goat cheese, cucumber, pea micro green, and spicy olives.
Paleo Tex-Mex Mediterranean Fusion Ground Lamb Tacos
- Cooking spray, I use @chosenfoods avocado spray
- 1 lb. ground lamb, I use @moinkbox
- Seasonings: cumin, garlic powder, ancho chili powder, pepper, turmeric
- 1 Tbl. tomato paste
- 1 Tbl. Broth of choice, I use @pacificfoods no salt added bone broth
- Pink Salt & pepper to taste
- Step 1 Spray a cast-iron skillet with high heat cooking spray.
- Step 2 Add the ground lamb, and start to breakup the meat until lightly cooked.
- Step 3 Lamb is greasy so drain if you wish then add back to skillet.
- Step 4 Add all your seasonings, mix to combine.
- Step 5 Add tomato paste and splash of bone broth.
- Step 6 Cover and heat up about 5-10 minutes on medium heat. Adjust flavors as needed and pink salt and pepper at the end.
- Step 7 Serve with @sietefoods paleo friendly tortillas.